Welcome To The Charmed Studio Blog Archive
I created the Charmed Studio Blog to help artists like you reconnect with what you find most meaningful in your creative practice.
One of my other missions in writing this blog is to give you ideas on how to write about your art with more clarity, passion, and authenticity.
The Charmed Studio offers 4 routes to improving your art practice and art business. For free. 🙂
Where do you want to start?
Want to Write Better?
Need to Sell Better?
Inspired to Create Better?
Or Just Want Feel Better?
Pop down to the categories section in the middle of this archive page.
Click on that category and get a full list of our best articles on each topic.
The Charmed Studio also offers one on one writing coaching for artists.
I hope you browse around the blog and find good information.
You may like our Mostly Free Resources For Artists Page.
But remember, no one had better advice than the folks on Sesame Street — ‘Be Yourself.’
Writing better, creating better, selling better, or feeling better all begin with you being you. 🙂
Thanks for wandering by the archive.
— Thea Fiore-Bloom
Join the hundreds and hundreds of heart-centered artists who get bi-monthly writing and marketing tips.
As my thank you for subscribing you'll get access to The Charmed Studio's Popular:
Writing Academy For Artists Toolkit
You've done it! You are charming. Get ready to be encouraged and inspired! Your Writing Academy For Artists Toolkit is being whisked on its way to you as we speak.
- Archive for The Charmed Studio Blog
- Book Creation Cafe 2023
- Get in Touch!
- Mostly Free Resources for Artists
- Subscribe Page SeedProd Desk Set Girly
- Tues 404
- Writing Coaching for Artists
- Writing Coaching for Artists with Thea
- Thea (84)
- February 2023
- December 2022
- October 2022
- April 2022
- November 2021
- September 2021
- July 2021
- June 2021
- May 2021
- April 2021
- March 2021
- February 2021
- January 2021
- November 2020
- October 2020
- September 2020
- August 2020
- July 2020
- June 2020
- April 2020
- March 2020
- February 2020
- January 2020
- November 2019
- October 2019
- September 2019
- August 2019
- July 2019
- June 2019
- May 2019
- April 2019
- March 2019
- February 2019
- January 2019
- December 2018
- November 2018
- October 2018
- September 2018
- August 2018
- July 2018
- June 2018
- April 2018
- March 2018
- February 2018
- January 2018
- December 2017
- November 2017
- October 2017
- June 2017
- February 2017
- Why Are Some Art Teachers So Mean? How To Blast Through Envy and Bloom as an Artist
- O’Keeffe’s Love Affair With Herbs: Recipes and Gardening Tips from the Artist’s Magical Kitchen Garden
- How To Get an Artist’s Residency? Don’t Apply For One, Do This Instead
- How Do I Get More Comments on My Art Blog? 7 Secrets You Won’t Hear Anywhere Else
- How To Write a Kick-Butt Opening Paragraph: With this Easy Paragraph Sandwich Template
- How Visiting Famous Artists’ Home Museums Unleashes Wild Magic For Creatives
- Do I Need Facebook As an Artist? Hell No. How Artists Can Succeed Without Social Media
- How Artists Can Make More Money: Without Marketing
- How Do I Drive Traffic to My Art Website? 9 Authentic Ways (That Don’t Involve Social Media)
- Orhan Pamuk: Why Artists Need To Stay Weird and What To Do Today To Start Making The Best Work of Your Life
- 3 Gorgeous Guided Meditations for Writers: Reduce Fear, Ignite Creativity
- What Was Beatrix Potter’s Net Worth? And 7 Other Things No One Tells You About Her
- The 3 Biggest Mistakes Art Bloggers Make: Number 2 Will Surprise You
- O’Keeffe the Thief: What Georgia Stole
- Who Was Artist Melissa Zink? And What Was In Her Magic Suitcase?
- The Ten Greatest Italian Female Scientists of All Time
- Flat Lay for Artists: Why This Fun, Photo Style Works Wonders for Sales and How To Begin
- Daily Writing Ritual to Banish Fear and Open Your Heart
- How To NOT Look Weird on Zoom: The Creative’s Guide to Looking, Sounding, and Feeling Good on Zoom
- Rachel Carson: How To Stay Positive When Everything is Falling Apart
- Write (or Refresh)Your Artist Statement in 30 Minutes
- Write Better With These 3 Free Apps
- Black Artists Matter: 5 Easy Ways To Support Artists of Color
- How Do Artist’s Accounts Get Hacked On Instagram? Plus 5 Minute Fix To Stay Safer
- Create a Gorgeous Email Signature for Free
- How Can I Spice Up My Arts Newsletter? 3 Questions to Transform Your Newsletter (and Boost Your Art Biz)
- Have Your Sketchbook Be Part of History
- How Do I Cope With a Harsh Critique of My Art? Why People Say Dumb Things and How To Bounce Back
- How Art Can Heal a Broken Heart or Ground You in Uncertain Times
- Where Was Ray Bradbury’s Office? And How Junk Fosters Genius
- Was Beatrice Wood on The Titanic? Top 5 Beatrice FAQ’s
- How Do You Deal With Failure in Your Art Practice? A Comforting, Buddhist Approach to Overcoming a Setback
- How Do I Begin To Write My Book? The Pain-Free Way for Creatives to Outline a Book in 7 Mornings, With 7 Cups of Delicious Tea
- How Do I Write a Cover Letter for a Museum Store? 5 Secrets for Artists from a Top Museum Store Manger
- What Do I Write About in My Art Blog or Art Newsletter? 51 Art Topic Ideas You and Your Readers Will Love
- How to Paint About Hard Life Experiences: 5 Light-Filled Reasons To Create From Your Shadow Side
- Who Was Remedios Varo? And What Moon Fruit, Crazed Goats and Writing Letters to Strangers Have To Do With It
- Who is Alison Saar? And What’s Her Brilliant Advice for Professional Artists?
- How Can I Market My Art If I’m an Introvert? A Great Way To Sell More of Your Work and Celebrate Your Authentic Self Without Social Media
- How Do I Organize My Time As An Artist? Want More Money and Less Overwhelm? Check Out This Simple Solution
- Create Your Own Hummingbird Haven: Pros Tips on the Ultimate Feeder To Buy, Perfect Feeder Placement, How To Avoid Mistakes That Hurt Hummers and More
- ADHD and Artists: Myths, Realities, True Stories & Resources
- What is a Jonah Complex? And How To Overcome It
- What Was Diane Arbus Known For? And 4 Surprising Things Arbus Knew That Can Help You Take Your Art from Okay – to Incredible
- Does SEO Work for Artists? Yes, But Try It This Way! An Easy, Ethical Way To Shine Bright Online
- How Do I Make Myself Write Again? Or More Often? 1 Realization That Can Change Everything
- How Do I Make My First Art Marketing Video? (Timelapse, Studio Tour, Tiny Story Videos and More) No Editing Required!
- Is Tea Good For Creativity? Four Ways Tea Can Make You a Better Artist and Top Ten Books for Tea Heads
- How Do I Add a Subscribe Form To My Website? (In Just 10 Minutes) Great for Artists Who Want a Larger Mailing List and More Sales
- How Do I Sell My Art To a Museum Store? The 7 Secrets You Need To Know To Easily Make Your Dream a Reality
- How To Thrive After an Unsubscribe (Especially Good For Art Bloggers or People with a Sense of Humor)
- How Do I Make My Art Business Successful? 6 Freeing and Fabulous Business Tips for Artists Courtesy of Georgia O’Keeffe
- Van Gogh Didn’t Kill Himself: How the Myth of His Suicide Took Hold
- 5 Ways to Improve Your Art Writing in 5 Minutes
- How Do I Let Go of Approval? A Story for Artists (That Involves Underwear)
- Is Daydreaming Good for Creativity? Hopper and Matisse Have the Answer
- Why Is Frida Kahlo So Famous? What You Never Get to Hear About Her and How She Can Make Your Art Life Bloom
- What Can I Do When I Feel Lost As an Artist?
- Do You Need a Rival? Yes, Especially If You’re a Woman Artist
- Should You Reply To a Troll? Georgia O’Keeffe’s Way to Tromp Trolls. (Great for Artists and Writers)
- How to Give Your Creative Dream Project Wings
- Why Was Tolkien Furious at Shakespeare? And How to Use Your Anger to Make Your Writing Blossom; With the 10 Minute Good Enemy Technique
- Why is Rachel Carson So Important? And How To Have Carson as Your Own Fairy Godmother
- Improve Your Art Writing Overnight by Forbidding Yourself To Do 2 Things
- An Artist’s Guide To Writing Clearly
- How Vulnerability Can Make Your Art Writing Shine
- What Causes Artist Burnout? 10 Top Causes and 10 Top Antidotes From 10 Top Artists
- How To Write an Arts Press Release That Gets You Media Attention
- Meditations for Artists: Reduce Fear, Ignite Creativity
- How Did Salvador Dalí Make So Much Money? And How You Can Too: Salvador’s 6 Art Marketing Secrets
- 3 Exceptional Podcasts for Artists
- Why Your Art Matters, Even if You Believe It Doesn’t
- WWGD: What Would Georgia Do?
- The 5 Best Books To Give To a Writer This Holiday
- Why Go Away? 6 Ways To Use Travel to Transform Your Art Practice
- Is Yoga Good For Artists? My Three Free Fave Videos To Help Creatives With Back Pain, Overwhelm and Burnout
- The 6 Greatest Italian Female Composers of All Time
- How Do I Start a Blog About My Art? The 1 Thing To Focus On to Make It All Work
- Aromatherapy Toolkit for Artists: 5 Essential Oils To Clear, Revive and Sweeten Your Studio
- Beatrice Wood: What No One Tells You About Her, Why She Isn’t Famous & How She Can Make Your Art Life Blossom
- Can You Make Money Selling Your Fine Art on Etsy? Yes! But, Not Without These 8 Secrets
- The 9 Mistakes Children’s Book Authors Make (Great for Artists)
- What to Give an Artist? 7 Fun, Inspiring Books About Great Artists for the Artist in Your Life
- What Was the Music of the Impressionists? Listen to the Top 12 Tracks of the Day